Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Soul Kitchen

Our home inspection is scheduled for tomorrow. So, as we get closer and closer to owning the home, I get more excited and inspired by the day. The first thing I want to tackle is the kitchen. I went to Lowes yesterday to peak around and became very overwhelmed with all the information given to me. Redoing a kitchen is a HUGE task. I came home afterwards and looked at all my magazine cutouts of kitchens that I love, and I am renewed, inspired and once again excited to get it going. Here are the kitchens that inspire me. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! And, PLEASE, pass on any tips for kitchen makeovers if you have any!


I absolutely LOVE this, especially all the windows...I won't be able to get away with this in my kitchen, but I can dream!


I love these windows too and they are much more realistic for my kitchen. I definately will do the bamboo/sea grass shades as shown.


I really love everything about this, especially the faucet. Is that marble brick on the backsplash???


I really want a basin sink like this one. Two would be awesome but I don't have the room. I would pair it with the faucet from the picture before.
I am on the hunt for barstools that look like this...if you find any, let me know!


That backsplash would work great and would work even better with my budget!

Love this light fixture, but not sure if I will use it...at least in my kitchen...any thoughts??

I want my oven in the corner, like this one, only to the left of the sink. That design is supposed to free up a alot of space, which I always need more of!

Not exactly sure what it is I love about this kitchen...it seems perfectly modern and elegant.

Now that you have seen my inspiration(s), I will give you one guess as to what color will dominate my kitchen!? :)

3 comments:

  1. Do you have any pics of the interior of the house? Post them! I'd love to see it on Sunday. And in case I forget, please bring the sports lamp to mom's. Thnx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw barstools like that the other day- they are at Hiltz Lauber in Homewood. I'm pretty sure that was where. I tried to imagine them in my house but thought they were too modern for the other things in my big room. They are awesome!
    Love all of those kitchens! Can't wait! Holley

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have good taste MM - anxious to see what you end up with in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete