Monday, April 6, 2009

Bedroom on a Budget






















A girlfriend asked me to help her decorate her bedroom (or maybe it was more like she wanted to redecorate and I "volunteered" to help) Anyhow, I have had a bedroom in mind for a guest room - once I have a guest room of course and I think it will be perfect for my friend. No pressure Steph! :) Here are some pics with info...very budget friendly too!


From top:
paint color behind coach - subtle velvet 'sycamore green' or for less color 'eucalyptus' from Restoration Hardware...you can also get these colors to match from Behr at Home Depot for cheaper about $25/gallon


Malika rug from Pottery barn - I LOVE this rug - depending what size you get this could be a potential budget buster but definately worth it!


Amelie mirrored nightstand from Horchow furniture $630 each, also a worthwhile budget buster or for those that are good with a budget there are the recycled alluminum accent table from pottery barn $299 each or for those who are truly budget conscious - you can buy round tables that you put together yourself from Wal-Mart for $20, you can cover that with white fabric and put a mirror on top - all for about $120 each - all 3 good options although the Horchow tables are my favorite...go figure!!

lamps pictured are from restoration Hardware however I just saw them at Homegoods in Birmingham for $79 each

Gilded ball finials and rod silver leaf from Restoration hardware on sale for about $20 for a set

Home Rocky River Window sheer - white at Target $12.99
San Jose Cream Fabric from Calico Corners $47.99/yard I would buy enough for 3 euro shams for the bed - tip for the budget conscious - you can always buy enough fabric for the fronts of the pillows and cover the back in a cheaper coordinating solid.


Shown in blue from Pottery Barn but I would buy white. You can ALWAYS find a white matelasse set at either TJ Maxx or Homegoods for under $100 - - I would monogram the 2 pillow shams in a large one letter monogram in Victor font to match the shams sewn in the San Jose cream fabric.

1 comment: