Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back to the Island

Which island you ask? Dauphin Island of course. I grew up on this island every summer. I love everything about this place and the older I get the more meaning it all has to me. My sister, Tiffany, couldn't have said it any better. See her blog about the Island here. Are you crying yet? OK, well I will go ahead and recap the weekend. My moms 60th birthday and Mothers day coincided this year, so my sisters and I decided to give her a week at the beach.

Every day was pretty much the same and went like this... After breakfast, my mom would have Vacation Bible School with the kids



where a bible passage was read


followed by a craft and a snack.





All the kids loved this. Next we would pack up and head to the beach for swimming and playing all day long.







At some point we would come in to eat...




And every day would end with kids crashing. (It was a 5 bedroom house for 4 couples plus my Paw-Paw and 8 children and a baby.) Kids slept everywhere!





Landon was in the water every second of every day so I really don't have a lot of pictures of him. And his little face was scalded the first day from the sun...shame on me for not reapplying sunscreen. When I say scalded it was first scarlett and then a purplish, and when it started to peel he looked like a burn victim...it was awful. He saw his face in the mirror and said "they should be ashamed of themselves" referring to Ash and I. And we were/are ashamed!




Lucy was a hit with all her cousins...




and this sweet face could pretty much sum up everyones feelings for the week...



Everything about the week was perfect and just as I remembered growing up maybe even a little better as I watch my own children creating their own memories on this beloved island!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time! How lucky to go to the beach 2x this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos....sounds like a wonderful family vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your pictures, esp the one of Lucy waving!

    ReplyDelete