Monday, June 1, 2009

Schools Out for the Summer

Landon's first year of school ended last week with a bang. There was spirit day, kindergarten picnic with awards, and a year end party. Since, I have been so uninvolved as a classroom parent this year, I volunteered to help with the year end gifts. This past Christmas, I saw the cutest gift that was made for neighbors, teachers, friends, etc, so I decided to copy for the year end school gift.

First gather the following:




Then, buy gift certificates for ice cream and make up a poem. ( I am embarrassed to say this took me a long time to come up with)



Make balls out of the shredded paper like so...



Then place on top of the ice cream cone like this...



Place in a cellophane bag, tie with a ribbon and attach the gift certificate and poem



Landon thought it was "cool" (no pun intended) and said his friends "liked them a lot. " Thanks to Mountain Brook Creamery for giving me such a great deal on the gift certificates! I believe we will make a stop for ice cream tomorrow. Happy Summer everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute idea MM! So Landon gave these out to all of his classmates? How cute!

    ReplyDelete