Monday, June 22, 2009

Taste a Little of the Summer


I have just discovered Alabama Farmers Market recently and I have nothing but great things to say about it. First of all, all of the produce above cost me only $19.50! Secondly, they are open all day every day! Thirdly, it makes me feel good supporting our local farmers. And most of all, I have had more fun cooking with all my fresh fruits and veggies this week. Anyhow, here is the link to their website with times, directions, etc. And here are a few recipes that I have cooked up this week...
.
.
Chicken Delight
Take 1 chicken breast and season with Janes Crazy Mixed Up Salt. Place chicken on a peice of aluminum foil. Next, cut up fresh squash and zucchini and put on top of chicken. Pour marina Sauce on top and sprinkle a generous amount of mozerella and paremsian cheese. Wrap it all up in the foil and bake 30-45 min on 350. So easy and way to good! This recipe is courtesy of Darby, one of my favorite bloggers.
.
.
Cheesy Tomatoe
Take 1 large garden tomatoe and hollow out a small crater in the middle. Mix cream cheese with blue cheese and fill tomatoe with mixture. Bake 10-20 min on 350 or until cheese has melted...yummy!
.
.
Peach Chutney
Melt 1Tb butter in small skillet and saute 1/2 c finely chopped onion for 2-3 min or until tender. Add 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh peaches, 3TB brown sugar, 2TB balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning and cook about 3 more minutes until the mixture is thoroughly heated. I served this with a peppered pork tenderloin and it was soooo good. Next time, I think I will try it with fish!
.
.
What have you been cooking up this summer? Do tell, I always need new recipes!

2 comments:

  1. We just went to the AL Farmer's Market last week. It was great!! I've been sauteeing squash, green beans, and zucchini with a litte EVOO...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an awesome cous-cous salad recipe I'll share with you.

    ReplyDelete